The importance of sunscreen is something we all should be aware of. Wearing sunscreen is as important as cleansing or moisturizing your skin. If you are given an option to apply makeup or sunscreen, I would definitely recommend to chose the latter one. Putting on sunscreen should be must whether its summer, winters, cloudy or raining outside. This is because we might not see the sun with our eyes but its harmful UV rays are present all year long to damage our skin. – Source
UV rays are of 2 types:-
- UV-A rays which go deep into our skin and affects collagen to cause premature ageing and wrinkling of the skin.
- UV-B rays which affect the surface of the skin causing sunburn, spots on the skin.
Here are the top 5 reasons to explain the importance of sunscreen:
REASONS TO WEAR SUNSCREEN-
1. Decrease skin cancer risk-
Studies have shown that applying sunscreen on a daily basis decreases the risk of skin cancer.
2. Protection against UV rays-
UV rays are harmful to our skin causing many skin disorders and applying sunscreen can surely protect you from all those skin disorders like itching and redness etc
3. Protection against premature ageing-
Sunscreen is effective to prevent premature ageing of the skin which can make our skin look dull and old.
4. Prevents sunburns and dark spots-
Exposure to sun or UV rays causes dark spots and sunburns which leads to uneven skin tone or skin discolourations.
5. Protect the skin from Tanning-
Not wearing sunscreen makes your complexion dark. so putting on sunscreen can help you from getting tanned.
Important Sunscreen Tips:-
- Always get a sunscreen which gives protection against both UV-A and UV-B rays.
- one should reapply sunscreen after every 2-3 hrs. (spray sunscreens are best for reapplication during the day as they can be applied without removing or touching your makeup)
- lips also need protection against sun rays, so make sure to apply a lip balm or lipstick with SPF of 15-30.
- sunscreen should be applied at least 15 minutes before going outdoors.
- sunscreen is important for everyone whether its men, women or children.